Rental/Lease Agreement, Furnished House
This Agreement is made and entered in this _____ day of ________, 20____,
between __________, , hereinafter referred to as "Landlord" and
__________, hereinafter referred to as "Tenant".
WHEREAS, Landlord desires to lease to Tenant and Tenant desires to lease
from Landlord the premises generally described as ________________, it is
herein agreed as follows:
1. Landlord hereby leases to Tenant, the furnished premises described
above for a term of __________ beginning __________ and ending
__________, at a monthly rate of________________.
2. The described premises are leased furnished, to include all furnishes
enumerated on the List of Furnishings, which is a part of this lease,
signed by both parties and dated.
3. Tenant agrees to pay the rent herein provided subject to the terms
and conditions set forth herein.
4. Rent shall be payable in equal monthly installments on the __________
day of each month, to the address of Landlord as stated above or at such
other address as Landlord may, from time to time, require.
5. Tenant shall pay for all electricity, water, fuel oil and gas during
the term of this lease and any extension or renewal thereof.
6. Landlord covenants that the leased premises are, to the best of his
knowledge, clean, safe, sound and healthful and that there exists no
violation of any applicable housing code, law or regulation of which he
7. Tenant agrees to comply with all sanitary laws, ordinances and rules
affecting the cleanliness, occupancy and preservation of the premises
during the term of this lease.
8. Tenant shall use the leased premises exclusively for a private
residence for occupancy by no more than _____ persons, unless otherwise
specified herein, and Tenant shall not make any alterations to the house,
outbuildings or grounds without written consent of Landlord.
9. Tenant shall keep the premises in good order and repair and shall
advise Landlord or Landlord's agent of any needed repairs or maintenance
reasonably expected to cost __________ or more.
10. Tenant agrees to take good care of the furniture, carpets,
draperies, appliances and other household goods, and the personal effects
of Landlord,and further agrees that he will deliver up same to Landlord
in good condition at the end of the term of this lease, normal wear and
11. Tenant shall repair or replace, at Tenant's expense, all loss or
damage to any of the listed furniture, carpets, draperies, appliances and
other household goods, and personal effects of Landlord, whenever such
damage or loss shall have resulted from Tenant's misuse, waste or neglect
of said furnishings and personal effects of Landlord.
12. Tenant shall cause to be made, at Tenant's expense, all required
repairs to heating and air-conditioning apparatus, electric and gas
fixtures and plumbing work whenever such damage shall have resulted from
misuse, waste or neglect of Tenant, it being understood that Landlord is
to have same in good order and repair when giving possession.
13. Tenant shall not keep or have in or on the leased house,
outbuildings or grounds any article or thing of a dangerous, flammable or
explosive nature that might be pronounced "hazardous" or extra hazardous"
by any responsible insurance company.
14. Tenant shall give prompt notice to Landlord or his agent of any
dangerous, defective, unsafe or emergency condition in or on the leased
premises, said notice being by any suitable means. Landlord or his agent
shall repair and correct said conditions promptly upon receiving notice
thereof from Tenant.
15. Landlord covenants that the Tenant and Tenant's family shall have,
hold and enjoy the leased premises for the term of this lease, subject to
the conditions set forth herein.
16. Tenant covenants that he shall not commit nor permit a nuisance in
or upon the premises, that he shall not maliciously or by reason of gross
negligence damage the house, outbuildings or grounds, and that he shall
not engage, nor permit any member of his family to engage, in conduct so
as to interfere substantially with the comfort and safety of residents of
17. Tenant agrees to place a security deposit with Landlord in the
amount of $_____, to be used by Landlord at the termination of this lease
for the cost of replacing or repairing damage, if any, to the house,
outbuildings, grounds, furnishings or personal effects of Landlord
resulting from the intentional or negligent acts of Tenant.
18. Landlord agrees to return said security deposit to Tenant within ten
days of the Tenant's vacating the leased premises subject to the terms
and conditions set forth herein.
19. Tenant shall, at reasonable times, give access to Landlord or his
agents for any reasonable and lawful purpose. Except in situations of
compelling emergency, Landlord or his agents shall give the Tenant at
least 24 hours' notice of intention to seek access, the date and time at
which access will be sought, and the reason therefore.
20. In the event of default by Tenant, Tenant shall remain liable for
all rent due or to become due during the term of this lease. Landlord or
his agents shall have the obligation to relet the premises in the
Landlord's name for the balance of the term, or longer, and will apply
proceeds of such reletting toward the reduction of Tenant's obligations
21. Tenant shall permit Landlord or his agents to show the premises at
reasonable hours, to persons desiring to rent or purchase same, ___ days
prior to the expiration of this lease, and will permit the notice "To
Let" or "For Sale" to be placed on said premises and remain thereon
without hindrance or molestation after said date.
22. In the event of any breach by the Tenant of any of Tenant's
covenants or agreements herein, Landlord or his agents may give Tenant
five days' notice to cure said breach, setting forth in writing which
covenants or agreements have been breached. If any breach is not cured
within said five-day period, or reasonable steps to effectuate said cure
are not commenced and diligently pursued within said five-day period and
thereafter until said breach has been cured, Landlord or his agents may
terminate this lease upon five days'additional notice to the Tenant, with
said notice being in lieu of a Notice to Quit, which Tenant hereby
waives. Said termination shall be ineffective if Tenant cures said
breach or commences and diligently pursues reasonable steps to effectuate
such cure at any time prior to the expiration of said five-day
termination. Upon terminating this lease as provided herein, Landlord or
his agent may commence proceedings against Tenant for his removal as
provided for by law.
23. In the event of any breach by Landlord of any of Landlord's
covenants or agreements herein, Tenant may give Landlord ten days' notice
to cure said breach, setting forth in writing the manner in which said
covenants and agreements have been breached. If said breach is not cured
within said ten-day period, or reasonable steps to effectuate said cure
are not commenced and diligently pursued within said ten-day period and
thereafter until said breach has been cured, rent hereunder shall be
fully abated from the time at which said ten days' notice expired until
such time as Landlord has fully cured the breach set forth in the notice
provided for in this paragraph.
24. In no case shall any abatement of rent hereunder be effected where
the condition set forth in the notice provided for herein was created by
the intentional or negligent act of the Tenant, but Landlord shall have
the burden of proving that rent abatement may not be effected for the
25. Landlord agrees to deliver possession of the leased premises at the
beginning of the term provided for herein. In the event of Landlord's
failure to deliver possession at the beginning of said term, Tenant shall
have the right to rescind this lease and recover any consideration paid
under terms ofthis Agreement.
26. Tenant agrees that this lease shall be subject to and subordinate to
any mortgage or mortgages now on said premises or which any owner of said
premises may hereafter at any time elect to place on said premises.
27. Unless otherwise provided for elsewhere in this lease, any notice
required or authorized herein shall be given in writing, one copy of said
notice mailed via U.S. certified mail, return receipt requested, and one
copy of said notice mailed via U.S. first-class mail. Notice to Tenant
shall be mailed to him at the leased premises. Notice to Landlord shall
be mailed to him, or to the managing agent, at their respective addresses
as set forth herein, or at such new address as to which the Tenant has
been duly notified.
28. This lease constitutes the entire agreement between the parties
No changes shall be made herein except by writing, signed by each party
and dated. The failure to enforce any right or remedy hereunder, and the
payment and acceptance of rent hereunder, shall not be deemed a waiver by
either party of such right or remedy in the absence of a writing as
provided for herein.
29. In the event legal action is required to enforce any provision of
this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recovery
reasonable attorney's fees and costs.
30. Landlord and Tenant agree that this lease, when filled out and
signed, is a binding legal obligation.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on
the date first above written.
By: __________ __________
By: __________ __________
Send A Message
Please feel free to browse for Wellington and surrounding areas Real Estate through this site to explore the communities of . This comprehensive online tool offers direct access to the latest area homes for sale in your area. Featuring extensive community information, consumer links, school information, free reports, answers to commonly asked real estate questions, and more, you will find everything about real estate within one easy source.